ASTCT Awards and Grants
Lifetime Achievement Award
The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an eminent scientist or physician who has made continuing contributions to the BMT and cellular therapy fields through the advancement of knowledge via basic or clinical science. View past recipients.
Public Service Award
The Public Service Award, presented at each year’s Annual Meeting, recognizes an individual outside the ASTCT membership who has advanced the interests of the BMT and cellular therapy field or has given special service to the patients and families that we serve. The honoree receives a plaque, along with expenses to attend the Annual Meeting. View past recipients.
BBMT Editorial Awards
Abstracts submitted to Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, ASTCT's monthly journal, are eligible for one of three editorial awards. These awards, which include a $5,000 prize, are conferred by BBMT Editor-in-Chief Robert Korngold, MD, and are presented at a special awards ceremony at the TCT Meetings of ASTCT & CIBMTR.
E. Donnall Thomas Lecture
The E. Donnall Thomas Lecture, presented at each year’s Annual Meeting, recognizes an eminent physician or scientist, either a clinician or an investigator, who has contributed meritoriously to the advancement of knowledge in blood and marrow transplantation. The lecturer does not necessarily have to be a member of ASTCT. The honoree receives a plaque, along with expenses to attend the Annual Meeting. View past recipients.
New Investigator Awards
The New Investigator Awards are designed to encourage clinical or laboratory research by young investigators in the BMT and cellular therapy fields. The award — $50,000 per year, typically for two years — preferably is to be used to support the investigator’s salary for his or her research effort. Alternatively, the award may be used for direct support of research costs. Learn more.
Fellow of ASTCT (FASTCT)
This distinction recognizes ASTCT members for their volunteer service, dedication, and commitment to ASTCT. Recipients have carried out efforts that benefit ASTCT, the specialty of transplantation and cellular therapy, and the patients whom they serve. Learn more.
Pharmacy SIG Awards
The ASTCT Pharmacy SIG honors its membership with three annual awards.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an ASTCT Pharmacy SIG member who has made a significant impact in the field hematopoietic stem cell transplant and has been in practice for at least 10 years.
- The New Practitioner Award is presented to an ASTCT Pharmacy SIG member who is within the first 5 years of his/her career and who has made significant contributions to the field of hematopoietic stem cell transplant.
- The Excellence in Advocacy Award is awarded to an ASTCT Pharmacy SIG member who has made a significant impact in the field of pharmacy in hematopoietic stem cell transplant through patient and/or practice advocacy.
- The New Investigator Award is designed to encourage clinical, laboratory/translational medicine, pharmacoeconomic, or health services research by young investigators in the field of blood and marrow transplantation. The award, $25,000 per year for two years, and may be used for direct support of research costs and/or support the investigator’s salary for his or her research effort. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transplant Nursing SIG Awards
ASTCT honors transplant nurses with two annual awards:
- The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an ASTCT Nursing SIG member who has made a significant impact in the field of BMT nursing and has been in practice for at least 10 years.
- The Clinical Excellence Award is presented to a nurse who has made a significant impact in the field of BMT nursing or achieved a professional milestone.
For more information about these awards, email Jennifer Frith at email@example.com.
Registration Awards for the 2021 TCT Meetings of ASTCT & CIBMTR
As the TCT Meetings of ASTCT & CIBMTR are being presented virtually in 2021, travel grants have been converted to registration awards. These awards are meant to cover registration for the entire meeting for those who meet specific criteria and are academically at Assistant Professor level or below. A number of awards are being given by the ASTCT Committee on Diversity and Inclusion to applicants who self-identify as underrepresented minorities. If you are interested in being considered for this particular award, please make sure you complete question 6 in this survey.
The deadline for applications is January 11, 2021. Those who have submitted abstracts for the Meetings will know the status of their abstract by mid-December. You may apply if you have not yet received your abstract status. Award applicants will be notified the week of December 14, 2020 if they have received an award. If the applicant has already paid for registration, the registration amount will be reversed. If you have any questions, please contact Kirk Lanzone Terry at ASTCT Headquarters.
Requirements for Consideration
- Academic level of Associate Professor or lower
- Accepted abstract for TCT Meetings or participation in CIBMTR Working Committee
- ASTCT membership
- Sponsorship by current ASTCT member
To apply for an award, please visit the application center by January 11, 2021.