As of May 16, CMS has issued a notification announcing the opening of a National Coverage Analysis (NCA) for CAR-T. The process officially opened on May 16 and is estimated to conclude in May 2019. When an NCA is opened, it ends with a National Coverage Determination, which is then a binding, national coverage policy from which the regional contractors (MACs) are not able to deviate.
The triggering request for this process was made by United HealthCare and the request letter has been posted here .
- Formal Request Accepted and Review Initiated: 05/16/2018
- Public Comment Period: 05/16/2018 - 06/15/2018
- MEDCAC Meeting: 8/22/2018
- Proposed Decision Memo Due Date: 02/16/2019
- Expected NCA Completion Date - final decision goes into effect: 05/17/2019
ASBMT will be providing updates on this topic in the coming weeks, in the interim, please view the NCA tracking sheet for the latest developments throughout this process.