The fourth biennial ISCT – ASTCT Cell Therapy Training Course (CTTC) aims to address the need for in depth training in the development and translation of cellular therapies and expose Scholars to topics that are not part of their formal education. The Course covers all aspects of translation from pre-clinical research to cell manufacturing and clinical trials in cellular therapy, including regulatory components.
The 2023 CTTC will be taking place Monday, October 23 - Friday, October 27 at the University of Pennsylvania.
5-day in-person intensive teaching, collaboration, and networking among the Scholars and Faculty. The components of the course include:
- An initial proposal for a cellular therapy product or trial by the scholar presented at the beginning of the course, to be refined in small group discussion with faculty, and presented as a final version at the end of the course
- Didactic lectures
- Visits to GMP facilities for cell products
- Breakout sessions on select topics with case-based examples
- Informal discussions and networking with Faculty on career development and mentorship
- Applicants must be a Fellow-in-Training or have a Junior Faculty (two years or less teaching in the BMT and Cellular Therapy field) position.
- Click here to obtain a free ASTCT in-training membership.
- Must be an ISCT and/or ASTCT member and sponsored by an ISCT and/or ASTCT member.
Previously unselected applicants are eligible and encouraged to apply for the 2023 Course.
Note: Previous ISCT-ASTCT Cell Therapy Training Course Scholars and previous ASTCT Clinical Research Training Course Scholars are not
eligible for the 2023 course. Individuals who apply to the 2023 ASTCT Clinical Research Training Course will only be eligible to attend one course. Required Application Materials
Applications are now open until January 31, 2023.
- 1-2 page letter of application detailing the applicant’s background, training, interest in cellular therapy and clinical research, and career goals.
- A detailed proposal for a translational research project in cell therapy to be further refined at the course.
- Current curriculum vitae (CV).
- 1-page letter of recommendation from the applicant’s mentor.
The Course Aims to Cover:
- Pre-Clinical Development 1 (cell type)
- Pre-Clinical Development 2 (scale up, vector)
- Career Development
- IND Development
- Team Science/ Building Cross-Functional Teams
- Study Design, Conduct and Analysis of Clinical Trials
- Correlative Studies
- Facility Tour (CVPF)
- Release Testing
- Manufacturing and Analytics of Viral Vectors
- Quality Assurance Development
- Regulatory Affairs Case Studies
- Clinical Trial Case Studies: Delivery of Cell Therapy Products (Infusion)
- Funding Sources
- Evolving Financial Models for CAR-T and Gene Therapies
- Routes to Commercialization
- Hot Topics and Controversies in Cell and Gene Therapy
2023 CTTC Planning Faculty