Who We Are
The American Society for Transplantation and Cellular Therapy is an international professional membership association of more than 3,600 physicians, investigators and other health care professionals from more than 45 countries. Our mission is dedicated to improving the application and success of blood and marrow transplantation and related cellular therapies. We strive to be the leading organization promoting research, education and clinical practice in the field.
What We Do
- Scholarly publications, including the renowned journal Transplantation and Cellular Therapy
- Clinical standards
- Patient access to care
- Recruitment of professionals to the field
- Identification and support for the work of young investigators
- Adoption of government policies and regulations helpful to advancing quality patient care
We help our members:
What We Value
ASTCT holds in highest regard:
- Comprehensive development and advancement of the field of blood and marrow transplantation
- Excellence in clinical care and treatment outcomes through standards for blood and marrow transplantation
- Innovative research to advance the science and clinical applications of other cellular therapies
- Rapid dissemination of basic and clinical BMT research findings within the medical field and to the general public
Statement on Diversity & Inclusion
ASTCT recognizes that a diverse and inclusive workforce is critical to research excellence, innovation, and elimination of health care disparities. ASTCT respects and values diversity, and the benefit of its integration throughout the association in order to enrich our perspective, increase member value and leadership development. We strive to create a diverse group of leaders and promote more diversity and health equity within our specialty of medicine.
View the Joint Statement from ASTCT, CIBMTR, FACT, ISCT, and EBMT and most recent ASTCT Town Hall: A Conversation on Race that was held June 11, 2020 for all ASTCT members.