Date: Monday, January 22, 2024 - Monday, February 19, 2024
Where:: Washington University, St. Louis, MO
Applications to the 2024 ASTCT International Trainee Observership program are closed. The next application cycle will open in May 2024.
This program will allow one international trainee from a lower middle income or low income country to participate in a four-week long observership to foster relationships and strengthen international applications of hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) and related cellular therapies. The observership will take place at a center in the United States each January, where the Scholar will observe patient care and engage in discussion with top physicians in the field, but not provide any direct patient care. The areas of observation may include diagnosis of disorders; pre-transplant assessments and conditioning regimens; donor selection; stem cell collection and manipulation in patents; outpatient post-transplant monitoring; as well as development of clinical research in BMT and cellular therapy.
All of the Scholar’s costs, including lodging, board, return flight, visa, and health insurance will be covered by the scholarship and arranged through the ASTCT Headquarters. Scholars will have the opportunity to attend the Tandem Meetings of ASTCT & CIBMTR to conclude the observership.
In order for your application to be considered by the Committee, you must meet the following eligibility criteria.
- A citizen of and practice in a country that is considered lower middle income or lower income by the World Bank.
- A trainee or junior faculty within 5 years or less of graduating from your terminal degree/training program.
- Enrolled in or have completed a hematology, oncology, immunology, or transplant training program.
The applicant need to provide the following during the application process:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Describe your experience in hematopoietic cell transplantation
- What you want to gain from the experience
- How you will implement that at your home institution
- 3 objectives you would like to meet through this scholarship
- Letter of support from home institution
ADD TO CALENDAR
View All Events